The Institute of Ayurveda, together with Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts, has been successfully conducting three-week-long intensive Ayurvedic courses since September 2005.
Participants from all around the world come to Sri Lanka to study Ayurveda - in theory and practice – but also to experience the benefits of Ayurveda themselves. All “trainees” stay at Barberyn Reef Ayurveda Resort, the first dedicated Ayurveda resort in the world, for the duration of the course, three weeks.
The course aims at providing basic Ayurveda education:
- an understanding of the fundamental principles of Ayurveda
- a practical introduction to classical oleation and applications (commonly referred to as Ayurveda massage)
- an introduction to Ayurveda dietary regimes and cooking
- basic training in Yoga and Yogic postures
- the course will be conducted in English and a working knowledge of English is required
Who might be interested to join this course?
- Physicians interested in alternative medicine
- Medical practitioners
- Dieticians, dietary assistants
- Yoga teachers
- Anyone interested in Ayurveda and alternative medicine
Intensive Ayurveda Course – next course dates
Due to Covid19, all Ayurveda courses have been canceled until the situation improves.
Venue: Barberyn Reef Ayurveda Resort, Beruwela, Sri Lanka – for more information click here