The Institute of Ayurveda, together with Barberyn Ayurveda Resorts, has been successfully conducting three-week-long intensive Ayurvedic courses since September 2005.
Participants from all around the world come to Sri Lanka to study Ayurveda - in theory and practice – but also to experience the benefits of Ayurveda themselves. All “trainees” stay at Barberyn Reef Ayurveda Resort, the first dedicated Ayurveda resort in the world, for the duration of the course, three weeks.
The course aims at providing basic Ayurveda education:
- an understanding of the fundamental principles of Ayurveda
- a practical introduction to classical oleation and applications (commonly referred to as Ayurveda massage)
- an introduction to Ayurveda dietary regimes and cooking
- basic training in Yoga and Yogic postures
- the course will be conducted in English and a working knowledge of English is required
Who might be interested to join this course?
- Physicians interested in alternative medicine
- Medical practitioners
- Dieticians, dietary assistants
- Yoga teachers
- Anyone interested in Ayurveda and alternative medicine
Intensive Ayurveda Course – next course dates
|Ayurveda Course Type
3 weeks intensive Ayurveda course
12 Nov to 3 Dec 2017
Venue: Barberyn Reef Ayurveda Resort, Beruwela, Sri Lanka – for more information click here
Course fee: € 1,900 for the three-week course
- Includes individual Ayurveda treatment for two weeks
- Alll accommodation cost is extra, room rates vary – click for Winter or Summer rates.
- For more details on the courses, click here